Free download, Version 2.1!
Requires OS X 10.4 (leopard support in the works!)
What Is It?
App Stop is a powerful application engineered to allow you to take control of the applications running on your computer, increasing the speed of your computer. App Stop allows you to peform many operations on your applications such as pausing, setting processor priority, and force quitting. App Stop is great for people with slower computers, or for people who run processor hungry applications (such as video editors), who need to squeeze every ounce of speed out of their computer.
Your Applications Have a New Boss
And it's you. App Stop gives you the power to pause your applications, essentially freezing them preventing the application from using any processor power; allowing other applications to run faster. App Stop allows you to quickly pause applications using the system-wide menu (pictured above) by simply selecting the application's item in the drop-down menu. Need to resume work in that application that you paused? Simple, just click the application's menu-item again.
More Than Just Pausing
App Stop has been built to allow you to use it the way you see fit. Dont want CPU (processor) usage reporting? Dont want to worry about background applications? Want to change the menu-bar icon's color? You can change all this and more using App Stop's preference pane.
- Universal Binary running on both Intel and Power PC based Macs
- Support for managing background as well as foreground applications
- Support for managing applications running under any user (even root!)
- Support for stopping and resuming (freezing and unfreezing) applications
- Support for force quitting (killing) applications
- Support for changing the processor priority of applications
- Search field to quickly find the application you are looking for using a variety of criteria
- Easily and quickly pause applications by simply clicking on them in the dropdown menu
- Automatic hiding/showing of applications when pausing/resuming
- CPU (processor) usage display for all applications
- Quick menu bar access allowing you to pause & resume applications quickly
- Extensive customization through the preference panel
- Automatic self-updating
You can find a more in depth explanation of App Stop features in the on-line help for App Stop. If you have any ideas or features you want see in the next version of App Stop let me know and I'll try to include them in the next release.
App Stop has a demo period allowing you to use App Stop with no restrictions for 30 days. If you find App Stop useful you can purchase a license for the full version of App Stop which has no time limit.
A single license of App Stop will allow you to use App Stop with absolutely no restrictions on one computer. All minor updates to App Stop (App Stop version 2.2, for example) will be availible to you no cost; major updates (App Stop version 3.0, for example) will incur an upgrade fee.
You can purchase App Stop securely through PayPal using your PayPal account or your credit-card using the link below. Please Contact Us if you have any questions or concerns, or wish to purchase App Stop through another means.